A motorbike license is a must-have item for your motorcycle trip in Vietnam. Have you got one? Let’s get it right now to conquer your adventure!
You are a foreigner living in Vietnam? And you are also a motorbike lover? Then, it is convenient to travel around every corner of this country. But have you ever ended up being fined for not having a license? Everything goes wrong when you do not even have a Vietnam motorbike license. Don’t hesitate to own one! If you do not know where to start, we will show you the way!
Now, it’s time to take your Vietnam motorbike license with these easy steps!
Who Needs Vietnam Motorbike License?
The driving license is always in the wallet of Vietnamese people when they are on the road. What about foreigners like you? Of course, you also need one. As long as we are riding on Vietnam roads, we need to have a Vietnam motorbike license.
Then, you would wonder why we must have this license. Actually, traffic police patrol every route at every time frame in Vietnam. Whether you travel alone or take Vietnam motorbike tours, you are in their sight.
What do police do? Well, they will check your papers to make sure you are allowed to ride. If you do not bring them with you, poor you! You will be fined.
Types Of Motorbike License
There are 2 types of Vietnam motorbike license:
- A1: for the bikes under 175cc
- A2: for the bikes over 175cc
How To Register?
You are looking forward to owning a Vietnam motorbike license, right? But first, you need to register. The procedure won’t be as time-consuming as you think. Let’s take a look.
Conditions: As long as you are a foreigner who is allowed to reside or work in Vietnam, you are able to take the exam. Of course, you must be 18 or older.
How to enroll: You need to make 01 dossier to directly submit at the training institution, including:
- Copy of passport or visa (at least 3 months validity)
- Application form for studying and testing for driving license
- Medical certificate
- 04 photos (size 3×4 cm)
And here is the most important part: the test! It will determine whether you can drive legally in Vietnam or not. Before the test, you can contact driving training institutions to apply for admission.
They will give you a document of 150 questions to revise. You can also practice driving at the test site.
Your driving test includes 2 parts:
- Theory test: You have to answer 20 multiple choice questions in Vietnamese. You have 15 minutes to take this section on the computer. Someone will assist you to do this, so do not worry about the language.
To pass the theoretical round, you must score at least 16/20 (for A1) and 18/20 (for A2). If your score is lower than this, you will not be allowed to take the driving test. Don’t let this unfortunate happen!
- Driving test: You will ride a motorbike on the tracks prepared. Examiners observe, then give you a score.
They grade on a scale of 100 points. You will lose your points if you make mistakes such as crossing the line or not following the signals. 80/100 is enough for the test.
If you pass the theory test and fail the driving one, you can register to retake the test at the examination center.
The test is not so difficult, even if you are a foreigner. The best tip for this is keeping calm. Remember that you have prepared well for this examination! Taking the test is just about revising what you have practiced.
What If You Have Got A License From Your Country?
Although you have passed the driving test in your country, you also need a Vietnam motorbike license. To make it possible, your license has to be still valid. There is no sign of erasing or tearing too.
Here are 3 popular solutions for this case:
- Sign up to convert your license into Vietnamese. Its validity is from 3 to 24 months, depending on your visa or passport. Taking the test is not necessary.
- Your Vietnam motorbike license has the same expiry date as your original one if you take the driving exam.
- Register for both parts of the driving test then you can get an unlimited driving license.
For the two solutions above, you have to follow these documents:
- Application form for changing a driving license, using the prescription
- Translations of the foreign driving license into Vietnamese (Guaranteed translation quality is guaranteed by notary office, the Embassy or the Consulate in Vietnam)
- Copy of passport
- Copy of one of the following documents: residence card, temporary residence card, permanent residence card or verification paper of permanent residence in Vietnam
Depending on the circumstances, the prices will vary. We will set the price for each specific step as follows:
- Translation and Notarization for your original driving license: 200,000 VND
- License fee: 135,000 NVD
- Examination fee: 90,000 VND
- Medical check: 70,000 VND (This is the price at the driving test center. If you check your health at the hospital, it may cost higher)
- Postal cost: 35,000 NVD
If you have your country’s driving license and don’t want to take an exam in Vietnam, you can consider converting your driving license into the International Driving License.
Learn how to convert at this post==> https://vietnammotorbiketoursclub.com/north-vietnam-motorbike-tours-cp260.htm
Motorbike is the most popular vehicle in Vietnam. Riding a motorbike, therefore, is not only convenient but also gives you a memorable cultural experience. Also, getting a Vietnam motorbike license is not difficult. Nothing bothers you except yourself.
After all the guidance above, what else are you waiting for? It’s time to ride your motorbike and conquer your roads!