- For Visa Application, please go to the web-link http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/info.jsp
- Select Vietnam-Hanoi for applying from Hanoi.
- No need to upload the photo as asked for in the application form. One passport size photo with white background along with a copy of tickets for Tourist visas are to be submitted to the Embassy. Visa applications are accepted on all working days from 0930 – 1230 hrs.
- For Business visas, an Invitation letter from the Indian company is to be directly faxed or emailed to the Embassy at Fax No. +84-24- 38244998 or email email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
- A Decision letter from the company from Vietnam is also to be submitted.
- Non-Vietnamese Citizens applying for Business visas from Vietnam need work permit/ Residence permit for 2 years. Processing time is 4 to 5 working days.
- Option 1: Regular Visa
Fill up the online application, submit a print out of the same at the Embassy along with passport and a passport size (5 x 5cm ) photo. Visa fee has to be paid in cash in USD 103/-only for Vietnamese nationals.
Option 2: Tourist Visa – Enabled with Electronic Travel Authorisation (TV – ETA)
To avail Tourist Visa on Arrival facility, started with effect from November 27, 2014, for Vietnam nationals, please log on to (http://indianvisaonline.gov.in) and click on the Tab/Heading “Tourist Visa on Arrival”. It’s a four-step process involving (i) Application online, (ii) Payment of processing fee online (USD 60 only for this facility) (iii) Receive Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) at your email ID and (iv) Fly to India with Passport and ETA. Note: For availing Visa on arrival facility for visiting India, obtaining ETA through the above procedure is mandatory. Without ETA, the Airline would not allow boarding.
Visa fees for Vietnamese citizens:
- Tourist Visa US$ 103/-
- Business Visa US$ 123/-
- Entry / Conference Visa US$ 83/-
- Please note that Visa / Passport fees are accepted only in US$ cash. No card/payment in VND is accepted.
Emergency Visas for applicants who are Vietnamese nationals and foreigners with residency in Vietnam can be issued on the same day or the next working day for an additional emergency fee of US$ 100. Visa fees for other Nationalities: Applicants may please contact Embassy directly.
Implementation of Biometrics for Issuance of Visa
In keeping with extant regulations of the Government of India, the Embassy of India, Hanoi has put in place necessary arrangements for biometric enrolment and authentication for issuance of Visas. It is brought to the notice of all the visa applicants that starting from May 2, 2018, enrollment of biometrics is mandatory. All the visa applicants in the age group from 12 – 70 yrs have to appear in person at the Visa Section of the Embassy along with their visa applications for the purpose.
With the implementation of Biometric enrollment at the Embassy of India, Hanoi, the applicants would be granted multiple-entry tourist visa/business visa for five years as a default option. Grant of 5-year tourist visa will be with the stipulation that continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 90 days. Grant of 5-year Business visa will be with the stipulation that continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 180 days. On specific cases/requests, where requirements is for a shorter period, the period of visa can be curtailed.
Rates of long term Tourist / Business visa fee, effective from May 02, 2018, are as under:
|S.No.||Visa Type/Duration/Entries||Fees in US$|
|1.||Tourist Visa (T)|
|More than 1 year and up to 5 years/Multiple Entry||200|
|2.||Business Visa (B)|
|More than 1 year and up to 5 years /Multiple Entry||250|